📍 Remote position - Work from wherever you want!
🤓 Experience: Intermediary/Senior
Who are we? 👥
AGAPIO is a French startup with the mission to improve restaurant profitability through the automation of supplier invoice management.
Founded in 2019, we are in full development and we already count renowned players such as Quick franchises, Burger King, and Paul's bakeries among our customers. Controlling purchasing costs in the restaurant industry has become increasingly difficult with profitability constantly declining in recent years. With a sharp deterioration in margins, it was high time to help the restaurant industry. This is why we decided to accelerate our development!
Thanks to our solution, our customers finally regain control of their expenses with gains on their material costs of up to 5 points, via better visibility on their purchases, an improvement of their margin with the reduction of the risk of error on purchases, the detection of anomalies, and finally hours of data entry saved thanks to the automation of the supplier accounting.
The market to be conquered is vast and our customers already recommend our solution.
Agapio in numbers 📈
Who are we looking for? 🔎
- You enjoy developing quality software, with a real focus on the customer experience.
- You own the features from the moment of scoping until after they are released to our users: You understand the business logic, and the user needs, and ensure they are highly usable.
- You like to intervene upstream of development to challenge product specifications, define the MVP, unlock technical locks, and propose the most appropriate technical solution.
- You have at least one production experience with some of the technologies we use, on a fast, reliable, and real-time web application.
- You do not compromise on quality, you challenge the functional outline and the time allocated, never the quality.
- You want to have an impact: You like to propose ideas of evolution and refactoring, and you do not hesitate to take the initiative.
- You are driven by a desire to improve, demonstrated on a daily basis.
- You have the ambition and the will to help your team exceed its goals.
- You like to be responsible for your own time and organization, and avoid interruptions: So you enjoy communicating in writing, asynchronously, in order to share knowledge in a rich way.
What will your mission be? 🎯
What is our technical stack? 🤖
- Frontend: React, TypeScript, Apollo Client
- Backend: NodeJS, TypeScript, GraphQL, Hasura, PostgreSQL, Auth0,
- Hosting: Heroku, AWS, Docker, GitHub Actions
- Monitoring: Sentry, Logrocket
- Testing: Jest, Storybook, Cypress
- SaaS: Github, Figma, Slack
- Data: Python, Google Colab
- Methodology: OKRs
But it's not set in stone 🤓 We authorize ourselves to challenge our past choices, and make informed decisions.
How does our recruitment process work? 💬
You will have the opportunity to understand our way of work, meet your future team, and discuss culture and strategy with members of each of the Agapio teams. For this you will have :
- A 30-45 minute discovery interview with your future manager,
- A 30-60 minute simulation with your future team,
- A speed meeting with at least one person from each of our other teams,
- An interview with one of our co-founders.
What benefits do we offer? 🌈
- We are a fully remote company, without premises, where everyone works from home, with flexible hours.
- We have a culture and processes that encourage autonomy, accountability, and focus.
- We meet quarterly in a French city to get together and have a good time.
- All our members get an equity stake (BSPCE).
- We provide very good health insurance (Alan), paid 100% by the company.
- Upon your arrival, we offer you a Welcome Package to spend, in order to comfortably set up your work area at home.
- We complement legal vacations with extra days for special occasions.
Our values 🌱
Everyone working at Agapio represents Agapio. When a customer gets a response from Guillaume on support, Guillaume is Agapio. When a customer reads a status post from Julie telling her that our systems are down, Julie is Agapio. In those situations, all the other stuff we do to cultivate our best image is secondary. What’s right in front of someone in a time of need is what they’ll remember.
That’s what we mean when we say marketing is everyone’s responsibility, and that it pays to spend the time to recognize that. It means taking the time to get the writing right and consider how you’d feel if you were on the other side of the interaction.
Be bold, straightforward, honest, and humble in all interactions
Whenever we speak - internally or externally - we should speak plainly and clearly.
Watch out for everything that gets in the way of a straightforward explanation. With the exception of deep technical discussions, anyone who reads what we collectively write should simply get it without further explanation required. Don’t use eight words when five will do.
Don't hesitate to say what you think and be transparent, as long as you do it with respect.
Be reliable and relevant in every action
Rigor is important. When someone depends on the quality of your work, you need to do it with rigor.
Do your work with the level of quality you expect from your coworkers.
Be fair and do the right thing
Always use your best judgment. Be optimistic and generous, these values spread.
If a request seems reasonable, grant it. If it's not, don't feel bad about saying no, and explain why.
Speaking about shared values and asking that we'd be independent could seem odd, but it's not (at least we hope so 😅).
Always encourage independent thought and original thinking. Don’t look to our competitors for the way forward. See things with your own eyes, make your own calls, and offer thoughts, perspectives, ideas, and products that you think are right, not that they think are right.
They talk about us 📢
DJS Avocats a accompagné Agapio pour sa levée de fonds d'un million d'euros
Agapio - solution innovante d'analyse des dépenses en restauration - a pu compter sur l'accompagnement du cabinet DJS Avocats pour sa levée de fonds de 1 million d'euros. Avec cette somme, l'entreprise va déployer son outil sur tout l'hexagone et espère ainsi devenir rapidement le leader sur secteur.